The COVID-19 pandemic has brought our lives to a halt in several ways. None of us have been able to carry out the plans we had for this past 1 year. The pandemic has led to the shutdown of many elective surgeries like hair transplant surgery and other cosmetic surgeries as well. Even thinking about getting a hair transplant surgery during the COVID-19 Pandemic seems like a very daunting task.
But we, at Dr. Handa’s clinic, are aware of the fact that though these surgeries might not be considered essential but extreme hair fall or hair loss can severely affect the confidence and self-esteem of patients. The procedure that might not be essential for many people, can be a boon to patients who are suffering every day because of their hair loss problems.
In this article, we will discuss Hair Transplant surgery during the COVID-19 Pandemic. We will answer all your questions like how safe is it, should you opt for it right now, and many more. We will also talk about the various precautions and protocols that we are following to help you get a safe hair transplant surgery in covid-19 at Handa clinic.
Table Of Contents
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye:
- Hair Transplants During Covid-19 Pandemic
- COVID-19 Rules and Guidelines for Patients
- Permanent hair transplant cost in 2021
1. Hair Transplants During Covid-19 Pandemic
As the second wave of COVID-19 is slowly ebbing, there is the resumption of various services throughout the country. So, you can get in touch with a dermatologist for your Hair Transplant surgery during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, certain new guidelines and protocols have been put in place to ensure the safety of both the patients as well as the healthcare personnel.
- You should book a prior appointment with the clinic before coming there. No walk-in consultations will be provided.
- Only a limited number of visitors will be allowed with you during the entire process to avoid unnecessary social gatherings in the clinic.
- The clinic follows all proper safety protocols and COVID guidelines to protect the patients.
Apart from all these protocols, the clinic also takes a lot of precautions to assure the patients’ safety, which is the most important thing to us. We are very transparent with all the procedures that we follow and these are the precautions that we are taking to ensure the well-being of patients. Some of these might feel unacceptable to you but you need to understand that this is the need of the hour.
- Double masking and use of face shields during the consultations as well as while performing the surgeries.
- Use of complete PPE kits at all times.
- The clinic is very spacious, and this helps in maintaining physical distancing at all times.
- We try to make sitting arrangements for patients at least 6 feet apart.
- Easy availability of hand sanitizers and hand washes throughout the clinic.
- All the staff members undergo regular medical check-ups and COVID tests to make sure there is no asymptomatic carrier in the team.
- We follow very strict hand hygiene in our clinic.
- The whole clinic is disinfected at regular intervals.
Leaving aside all these extra precautions for COVID-19, there are certain questions frequently asked by the patients. The most commonly occurring doubt is “who is an eligible candidate for a hair transplant?”.
There are certain factors that make you an eligible candidate for a Hair transplant like:
- Age: An ideal candidate is generally above the age of 21 years.
- The type and cause of hair loss: People suffering from androgenic hair loss are usually suitable candidates for hair transplant surgery, whereas, in people with Alopecia Areata, a hair transplant might not be a good option.
- The volume of donor follicles: You are a good candidate if you have a large number of donor follicles.
- Type and texture of hair: Thicker and healthier hair are always better for surgery.
- Scalp flexibility: A flexible or loose scalp is better suited for the surgery.
2. COVID-19 Rules and Guidelines for Patients
While we follow all the COVID protocols to keep you safe, there are certain rules and guidelines that you have to follow as well while coming for consultation or surgery.
- Wear proper masks covering your mouth and nose at all times. Use double masks or shields for safety.
- Follow strict hand hygiene.
- Maintain social distancing while in the clinic at all times.
- Your temperature will be checked while entering the clinic.
- You will have to get tested for COVID before you go in for the surgery.
- You will be asked about your relevant medical history, and it is mandatory to provide accurate facts.
- Make sure to be accompanied by a minimum number of people during consultations or surgery.
3. Permanent hair transplant cost in 2021
The permanent hair transplant cost in 2021 will look a little different as compared to before because of the ongoing pandemic. Normally, the permanent hair transplant cost in 2021 depends on a lot of factors like:
- The city where you are getting your surgery done.
- The clinic or hospital you choose for the surgery.
- The experience, skill, and qualifications of the surgeon performing the transplant.
- Hair transplant technique used.
- The success rate of hair transplant surgeries performed by the surgeon.
- The extent of the hair loss.
- The number of follicles that need to be transplanted.
- Number of sittings required
- The situation of the pandemic at that point, etc
Because of the pandemic, you might have to incur some additional minimal costs like the cost of having a COVID test done, etc.
Keeping all these factors in mind, the permanent hair transplant cost in 2021 can range anywhere from INR 45,000 to INR 1,12,500.
While opting for such delicate procedures that require a lot of skill and finesse, it is always better to choose only the best options available. Carefully check the reviews of the surgeons by looking into the success rate of hair transplant surgeries performed by them.
This was a brief article on everything you need to know about Hair Transplant surgery during the COVID-19 Pandemic. While it is safe to get a hair transplant surgery during the COVID-19 pandemic, all of us have to be very careful and follow all COVID protocols at all times to ensure safety.
You will get a Cost-effective treatment with modern techniques and safe hair transplant surgery in covid-19 at Handa clinic