What Is Gynecomastia Surgery
Gynecomastia is a condition that results in overdeveloped or enlarged breasts in men. The condition is often caused due to sudden hormonal imbalances, side effects of medications, or even as a result of being overweight or obese. Several men who have this condition have confessed feeling demotivated and a whole range of emotional discomfort due to lack of self-confidence.
Range of Gynecomastia surgery cost in Delhi is Rs 31870- 135000 and the cost of surgery at Handa Aesthetics is Rs 60874.
Please note that the cost can vary based on various factors, including the surgeon's expertise, clinic facilities, and the specific requirements of your procedure. It is advisable to consult a qualified medical professional for an accurate estimate tailored to your needs.
If you want to undergo gynecomastia surgery in Delhi, you must consult a reliable and well-experienced cosmetic surgeon. The condition is often characterized by excess fats around the chest tissues and the development of excess glandular tissue.
Having a thorough discussion is crucial before you undergo surgery. Talking about the ins and outs and assessing whether you are the right candidate for the surgery is essential before deciding to go for the surgery.
Table of content
Why Gynecomastia Surgery Is Done
Gynecomastia surgery, often pursued by males, addresses the condition of enlarged breast tissue. This procedure is sought to reduce excess glandular tissue and fat in the chest area, resolving the appearance of "man boobs." Beyond cosmetic concerns, gynecomastia surgery aims to alleviate discomfort, tenderness, or psychological distress caused by this condition. It's performed when hormonal imbalances, genetics, obesity, or certain medications lead to the development of enlarged breasts. This surgery provides a solution, restoring a flatter, more contoured chest, boosting self-esteem, and offering a renewed sense of confidence and comfort for those affected by gynecomastia.
Right Candidate for Gynecomastia Surgery
Gynecomastia surgery is a severe and extensive surgery that requires you to still down, know about the good and the bad, and then decide whether it is worth looking into. Your consulting cosmetic surgeon is the one who can assess whether you are an ideal candidate for the surgery or not, so having an open and transparent conversation with them is crucial. Ideally, you are the right candidate for gynecomastia surgery if:
- You have tried alternative medical treatments but didn't get results.
- You don’t have any chronic or life-threatening illness that could impair the healing process after the procedure.
- You want to enhance and improve your overall physical appearance.
- You do not smoke or do heavy drugs.
- You are relatively healthy and have a normal weight compared to your height.
- You want to improve your self-confidence and body image.
- You have realistic expectations from the procedure.
Do's & Don'ts
- You must wear a compression garment for a few weeks
- Start taking brisk walks on the second day of recovery.
- Indulge in moderate activities.
- Pay attention to your body's movements.
- During the recovery period, drink plenty of water.
- Don’t expose yourself to direct sunlight for at least six weeks or until the bruising goes away.
- Stay away from strenuous activities such as aerobics, running, or swimming.
- Do not consume alcohol for at least 72 hours after surgery.
How to prepare for gynecomastia surgery?
- Your surgeon will take a detailed medical history and order necessary investigations.
- You must abstain from all forms of smoking for at least four weeks before surgery and two weeks afterward as it slows healing.
- Do not use blood-thinning drugs or supplements for at least two weeks before and after the surgery.
- Drink plenty of water both before and after surgery.
- If you become ill or infected before surgery, notify your surgeon immediately.
- It will take about a week or more to resume your routine.
Diagnosis of Gynecomastia
The diagnosis of gynecomastia is usually carried out through:
- A thorough physical examination
- Taking a detailed medical history
- Investigations such as blood tests to determine the testosterone hormone levels
- At times, other tests such as liver function, urine tests, mammograms, or a biopsy may be performed
- The tools used for the diagnosis will also vary depending on your age, medical history, and the presence of any associated conditions.
- Testing the blood levels of HCG, estradiol, and Luteinizing hormone
- An MRI or Doppler study to determine the type of gynecomastia
- Palpation of the breast to look for any irregularity in the skin, change in the appearance of the nipple, any discharges including blood, and the presence of lymphadenopathy.
- The body mass index calculation (BMI) that gives pointers toward the cause
- Examination of the testicles to look for any mass or swelling that may be present
- Rule out any underlying conditions such as HIV, kidney disease, etc.
Also Read: Gynecomastia Pinch Test
Types of Gynecomastia
- Normal Gynecomastia – This type is prevalent in teenage boys between 12 to 15 years old and in elderly men over the age of 65 years. This happens when there is a decline in their circulating testosterone levels. This type of Gynecomastia may take one to two years to return to normalcy without treatment.
- Glandular Gynecomastia – Glandular gynecomastia is a type that is frequently encountered in bodybuilders and may be due to physiological changes or the use of supplements. This type of gynecomastia requires surgical correction where the gland needs to be excised.
- Adult Gynecomastia – In adults, fat accumulation is common and may become very apparent in the glandular component of the breast. It is commonly seen in practice, and your doctor may recommend surgery to relieve the adipose pileup. Gynecomastia surgery in Delhi is available with Dr. Handa.
- Adolescent Gynecomastia – Commonly seen during the growing phase, it is mostly inherited and encountered in about 30% to 60% of boys between the ages of nine to fourteen. In most conditions, adolescent gynecomastia regresses on its own as the transition into adulthood progresses. However, in some patients, surgical intervention may be required. If a surgical correction is impending, it is usually waited out and carried out above the age of 18.
- Asymmetric or Unilateral Gynecomastia – This type of gynecomastia is seen in one or both breasts but at varying levels. In these patients, one of the breasts may be larger. For such patients, surgical intervention helps. The gynecomastia surgery cost in Delhi varies depending upon the location.
- Pseudo-Gynecomastia – This is not a true type of gynecomastia. The breast is composed of excessive adipose tissue in place of the glandular component. Pseudo gynecomastia usually gets better with diet changes, lifestyle modification, and optimum exercise.
- Severe Gynecomastia – Severe Gynecomastia is common among the geriatric population where the skin elasticity is lost due to ageing. It may also occur due to extreme weight loss and the breasts become saggy due to volume loss. In previously obese patients, who encounter gynecomastia, surgery is usually the treatment of choice.
Procedure of Gynecomastia
The steps of a gynecomastia procedure are as follows:
- For your comfort throughout the surgical procedures, medications are given.
- General anaesthesia and intravenous sedation are available alternatives.
- The ideal choice for you will be suggested by your doctor.
- Techniques for liposuction alone may be employed in cases where excess fatty tissue is the main cause of gynecomastia.
- To remove the extra fat from the body via vacuum suction, the cannula inserted is carefully pushed back and forth.
- Different liposuction techniques are possible; the one best suited to your situation will be decided before your gynecomastia surgery in Delhi.
Liposuction & Excess Gland Removal
- The incisons are 3-5mm wide, hidden in the armpit or on the lateral chest wall
- After 3-6 months, the scars become imperceptible
- In case both glandular excess and fatty excess are present, the excess glandular tissue needs to be excised after
- liposuction Recommended for Grade 1 and Grade 2a of Gynaecomastia
Liposuction, Excess Gland Removal & Skin Reduction
- A two stage procedure; for best results, we recommend skin reduction be done 6 months after liposuction and excess gland removal
- We use VASER technology which causes further skin contraction This avoids unnecessary scars
- Recommended in Grade 2b and Grade 3 Gynaecomastia
Gynecomastia Aftercare and Recovery
- The best gynecomastia surgery in Delhi is available with Dr. Handa.
- Dressings or bandages will be placed on your incisions during your gynecomastia surgery recovery period, and an elastic bandage or support garment may be used to reduce swelling. Maintain a clean, hygienic lifestyle and regularly clean your incisions as instructed.
- Antibiotic ointments must be applied, and fresh dressings must be placed over them. Start with
- Visit us for an evaluation and experience the best gynecomastia surgery in Delhi
How much does gynecomastia surgery cost in Delhi?
Gynecomastia surgery is a common procedure that aims to reduce the size of male breasts. While opting for this treatment, it is natural to be curious about the cost of gynecomastia surgery in Delhi. As each patient is unique and has different medical history and medical needs, the gynecomastia surgery cost in Delhi is highly variable. Although roughly, the overall cost of the surgery ranges between INR 60,000 to INR 1,50,000. Please note that the cost mentioned is a tentative average and not a standard or a fixed one. The amount will vary depending on:
- Consultation charges levied by the surgeon and the clinic you are getting the procedure done from
- City you are getting the surgery done in
- Type of technology and equipment used in the surgery
- Additional miscellaneous expenses like medication, aftercare, etc.
How much does gynecomastia surgery cost in India?
The cost of gynecomastia surgery varies across different cities in India. The gynecomastia surgery cost in Delhi differs from other cities. An average estimate is listed below:
|Cost of the surgery
|Rs 31870- 135000
|Rs 32500- 113000
|Rs 42000- 105000
|Rs 32450- 89000
|Rs 38065 – 105630
|Rs 35005- 95468
|Rs 37456- 118700
|Rs 34726- 116476
Factors affecting the cost of gynecomastia surgery :
As mentioned earlier, the cost is tentative because several factors play a crucial role in determining the overall cost of gynecomastia surgery in Delhi. The patients need to consider certain factors before making an estimate about the cost. You may enquire at your clinic if they offer any financial support or if the procedure is covered under medical insurance.
Following are some of the factors that affect the gynecomastia surgery cost in Delhi:
- Initial consultation fees
Consultation charges are levied by the surgeon and the clinic you are getting the procedure done from. An initial consultation will help you in a better understanding of the procedure. It helps the surgeon chart out a proper treatment plan for you.
The city you are getting the surgery done from greatly influences the overall cost of the surgery. As the cost of living in metropolitan cities is substantially high, the cost of medical treatment also increases. If you are traveling from other cities to get your surgery done, then consider the cost of accommodation, traveling and other expenses.
- Type of technology and equipment used in the surgery
Gynecomastia surgery in Delhi can be carried out using different approaches depending on the needs of the patient. Different approaches require different equipment and expertise. One approach may be costlier than the other, thereby influencing the cost of the entire surgery. We discuss these details with you at Handa aesthetics.
- Additional miscellaneous expenses
The cost of medicines and post-operative care may add up to the gynecomastia surgery cost in Delhi. A surgeon’s expertise and availability also influence the cost. At Handa aesthetics, gynecomastia surgery is carried out by highly trained surgeons at a very nominal cost.
Why Choose Handa Aesthetics for Gynecomastia Surgery in Delhi?
Handa Aesthetics have built itself on the foundation of trust and reputation over the years. We believe in catering the best to our patients, be it in terms of the procedures, administration or even the kind of support and behaviour from our staff. We understand that talking about gynecomastia and cosmetic surgery in men is a sensitive topic that not every person wants to have an open dialogue about. So, we strive to make the experience as comfortable as possible to ensure that our patients can open up about their struggles and expectations from the surgery. We’d recommend you choose Handa Aesthetics for Gynecomastia Surgery in Delhi because:
- Our clinic is run by a team of board-certified and experienced cosmetic surgeons with years of hands-on experience.
- We have equipped our clinic with cutting-edge technology and equipment for higher success rate and accurate results.
- Every step of the treatment is discussed in the open with complete transparency with our patients to help them navigate through the journey better.
- Our gynecomastia surgery cost in Delhi is affordable and accessible for every patient that walks through our doors.
- We offer the best after-care to our patients to ensure that they achieve their expected results post-surgery.