From the moment a developing embryo gets implanted in the womb, the body of a woman undergoes a series of changes. In fact, pregnancy changes the life of a to-be mother on a personal, fundamental, hormonal, and biological level. However, it may also alter the appearance, size, and shape of the female body after childbearing.
This is where a Mommy Makeover steps in.
Table Of Contents
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye:
- What is the goal of a mommy makeover?
- Am I a good candidate for Mommy Makeover?
- Procedures included in Mommy makeover
- Quality of life after Mommy Makeover
- What is the cost of Mommy Makeover?
What is the goal of a mommy makeover?
Having a child is unarguably the most beautiful thing in life. However, childbearing can change the body of a woman and things might not be the same way as before. Women may start experiencing excessive or sagging skin or stretched muscles of the abdomen. It is obvious to feel discouraged when the body doesn’t return to its pre-pregnancy shape even with a healthy and controlled diet and intense workouts. This is where a Mommy Makeover may be beneficial.
A Mommy Makeover can be defined as a set of body rejuvenation methods that have a predefined purpose of helping women find a solution to common childbearing effects on the face, breasts, abdomen, and other parts of the body. Mommy Makeover helps in restoring or improving upon the pre-pregnancy appearance. Mommy Makeover procedures may involve cosmetic surgery, non-surgical treatments, or both.
Every patient has a specific set of personal goals when it comes to a Mommy Makeover, which usually includes one or more of the following:
- Improve the symmetry of breasts
- Restore breast volume
- Correcting sagging skin
- Remove sagging, excess skin from the abdomen
- Minimize pockets of exercise- and diet-resistant fat
- Repair separated or stretched abdominal muscles
- Repair large or stretched areola/nipple
2. Am I a good candidate for Mommy Makeover?
The decision to choose a Mommy Makeover surgery can be described as a personal choice or decision between you and the cosmetic surgeon. However, there are some aspects you should consider for a Mommy Makeover surgery and the procedures it will include.
- You must have completely recovered after childbearing before you choose the Mommy Makeover surgery.
- If you want to avail of breast surgery, you should wait for a few months after finishing breastfeeding so that the breasts can get some time to make a return to a stable shape and size.
- Some non-surgical treatment options like injectables are usually not recommended if you are still breastfeeding.
- Generally, it is always recommended to wait until you are finished having babies before you decide to undergo surgical “lifting” procedures like breast lift, breast augmentation, tummy tuck, or lower body lift surgery. Non-surgical skin and body contouring treatments may be effective options for interim treatments if you want to become pregnant again in the future.
- You should note that you’ll not be allowed to lift things over 5-10lbs. for the first few weeks after surgery if you are thinking of a surgical Mommy Makeover. Therefore, you may have to arrange for childcare help, especially if you’ve younger children.
- You should be in a healthy condition and have realistic expectations.
3. Procedures included in Mommy makeover
The following procedures are usually included in a Mommy Makeover.
- Breast Augmentation: Breast augmentation, also called mammoplasty augmentation, is all about increasing the size of the breasts through breast implants or fat transfer. It can be chosen to improve hip contours and the balance of breasts, enhance the fullness and projection of breasts, and improve the self-image and self-confidence of women after pregnancy.
- Breast lift: Breast lift surgery, also referred to as mastopexy, is useful to restore sagging breasts after pregnancy to a more youthful and attractive shape. During the procedure, extra skin is removed from breasts and tissue surrounding the breasts is tightened to support and reshape the new breast contour.
- Tummy tuck: A tummy tuck or abdominoplasty tightens the abdominal skin and removes stretch marks and excess lower abdominal fat. It can repair the abdominal wall muscles back together in the midline after they have been left stretched out after pregnancy.
- Liposuction: This surgical procedure is used for contouring the body by mitigating unwanted and stubborn fat areas, especially abdominal and visceral fat on body areas such as arms, buttocks, thighs, cheeks, abdomen, calves, ankles, chest, back, love handles, chin, neck, etc. Liposuction can help shape, slim, or tone the body to create a more appealing and beautiful silhouette.
Patients may also opt for non-surgical procedures such as non-surgical feminine rejuvenation, non-surgical fat reduction, skin tightening treatments, cellulite reduction, injectables (Botox & fillers), and skin resurfacing treatments.
4. Quality of life after Mommy Makeover
Generally, the Mommy makeover recovery time is approximately 4-6 weeks. Surgery protocols and recovery times vary as Mommy Makeover surgeries are personalised to the needs and goals of a patient. Usually, patients feel confident and comfortable trying out a swimsuit within 2-3 months after surgery. Mommy makeover procedures help you redefine shopping and opt for curvier, low-er-cut tops and smaller bottoms by making well-fitting clothing a cinch.
Patients can expect breasts with a more youthful and perkier orientation after the breast lift or augmentation procedure. The tummy tuck procedure will help in contouring the body by transforming tummy fat flat and in the shape of the youth. Patients can also expect to experience a significant boost of confidence and self-esteem and mitigated signs of aging and fatigue after Mommy Makeover. A Mommy makeover also improves skin complexion, texture, tone, pigmentation, and feel, restoring confidence. Patients can expect the midsection leaner and the skin to feel tighter.
5. What is the cost of Mommy Makeover?
The estimated Mommy makeover cost in India is INR 3,50,000-4,60,000 though it may vary depending on the number of surgical and non-surgical procedures, the success rate of the clinic/hospital, medications, the general and overall health of the patient, etc.
Mommy Makeover can be defined as a life-transforming set of body rejuvenation procedures with which women can reclaim their beautiful and attractive looks and appearance after pregnancy.
If you need more help or guidance about a Mommy Makeover procedure or want to schedule a consultation, please feel free to call or visit Dr. Handa’s Clinic, which is rated as one of the top clinics in Delhi NCR for Mommy Makeover procedures.