Gynecomastia is a prevalent ailment in men that causes an enlargement of the breast. Swelling, pain, etc are some of the gynecomastia symptoms. In men, gynecomastia is caused by a combination of factors like genetic factors, poor lifestyle choices, and hormonal imbalances. This can cause men a great deal of humiliation and emotional anguish. Because of this embarrassment, many men avoid removing their shirts and exposing their bodies during certain physical exercises. Medical and technological advancements have opened the path for addressing this condition. There are specialized techniques that can assist you.
The most frequent technique is gynecomastia surgery, in which extra breast tissue is removed, resulting in a decrease in breast size in males & lowering gynecomastia symptoms.
We acknowledge that experiencing this at any age can be upsetting. Dr Handa’s Clinic has skilled surgeons who specialize in male breast reduction and gynecomastia treatment in Delhi.
Table of Contents
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye
- What is Gynecomastia (Man Boobs)?
- Wha are the Gynecomastia Symptoms?
- What are the causes of Gynecomastia?
- Risks and Complications of Gynecomastia
- Cost of Breast Augmentation Surgery in Delhi?
What is Gynecomastia (Man Boobs)?
To understand gynecomastia (Man Boobs), we must understand the basic anatomy of the breast. The breasts are composed of glandular and fatty tissues. Since normal men have less glandular tissue and fat, they seem to have a flat chest.
In gynecomastia, the volume of the male breast increases owing to an increase in glandular or fatty tissue, or both. This is not the only condition; rather, it is the culmination of a lot of factors.
This condition affects males of all ages, including teenagers and adults. According to the National Institutes of Health, 50 to 60 percent of boys and 65 percent of men between the ages of 27 and 92 will have gynecomastia at some point in their lives.
Gynecomastia is typically divided into three classes based on the severity of the swollen tissue, the extra skin, and the amount of drooping of the breast.
- Grade 1: hypertrophy is minimal, with little to no extra skin.
- Grade 2a: mild to moderate enlargement with minimal excess skin
- The term “grade 2b” refers to mild to moderate enlargement with excess skin.
- Grade 3: Excessive hypertrophy as well as extra skin.
What are the Gynecomastia Symptoms?
Self-diagnosis of gynecomastia is critical to take the appropriate steps on time. So, what are the common gynecomastia symptoms like?
- You may notice some swelling around your breasts, which will worsen with time.
- Pain and discomfort in the breast area are frequent gynecomastia symptoms.
- In males, the appearance of a lump beneath the breasts is another major indication. Tenderness and discomfort may result from this bump.
- Another typical symptom in men is an enlarged breast, which can affect either one or both breasts.
- There is also a discharge from the nipples in rare circumstances.
It is important to clearly understand the difference between gynecomastia vs fat and these should not be confused with one another.
If you notice any gynecomastia symptoms mentioned above, it is important to meet with a physician and diagnose underlying conditions.
What are the causes of gynecomastia?
Gynecomastia occurs as a result of a number of imbalances and conditions in the body, some of which are as follows:
- Hormonal imbalances are the most prevalent cause of larger breasts in men. The primary cause of this disease is an imbalance between oestrogen (the hormone responsible for breast growth) and testosterone.
- Another factor that might contribute to enlarged breasts and hormonal imbalance is an improper diet.
- Certain medications might cause excessive and unfavourable breast development in men. Bodybuilders take steroids to increase weight, which might result in gynecomastia in some circumstances.
- Obesity and fat deposition can also contribute to gynecomastia by causing a hormonal imbalance in the body. Obesity raises the level of oestrogen in the body, resulting in a larger breast.
- This is also caused by underlying disorders that affect testosterone levels.
Because of the social shame and humiliation associated with this, men do not address this issue on time. Gynecomastia surgery allows men to live comfortably and confidently.
Risks and Complications of Gynecomastia
You may be wondering, what are the primary risk factors that lead to this?
As previously discussed, it is idiopathic, which means that the precise risk factor can not be identified. However, the following are some of the variables that are thought to induce gynecomastia:
- The consumption and overuse of steroids.
- Disorders of the liver and kidneys.
- Thyroid dysfunction
- Testicular disease or injury that interferes with testosterone production
- A hormonal imbalance is caused by endocrine disease.
- Tumours of the pituitary gland, which regulates androgen production.
- Medications used for the treatment of AIDS
- Certain antidepressants and anxiety medicines have also been linked to gynecomastia.
It is a sign of underlying issues that, if ignored, can have serious consequences. The characteristic lumpy, rubbery tissue observed during gynecomastia does not usually indicate breast cancer, but it is often advised to get it diagnosed to rule out any such issues.
As a condition, gynecomastia may be difficult to live within society. The predicament might have a detrimental effect on men’s self-esteem.
Let’s have a look at some of the possible gynecomastia treatments.
Different Gynecomastia treatment in Delhi?
In some cases, gynecomastia may not require treatment and resolves on its own after the hormones are restored to normal.
However, gynecomastia frequently needs a thorough evaluation by a physician, including numerous blood tests and an ultrasound, to determine the precise cause and reasons for this condition.
There are several gynecomastia treatments in Delhi available nowadays to assist men in reducing extremely large breasts and live healthier lives. Medication and surgical treatments are used to address the condition.
- Stopping some medications can reduce hormone levels and resolve the issue. If you have a hormonal imbalance, your plastic / cosmetic surgeon may prescribe some medicine to help with gynecomastia.
- Losing weight and using oestrogen-regulating medication both help to decrease the appearance of man boobs.
- However, if there is excessive skin deposition around the breast and it hangs excessively, surgery is the only possibility for correction. Two major procedures might be beneficial during gynecomastia.
- Liposuction surgery in delhi, often known as fat sucking, is used to remove excess fat deposits around the breast. Fat removal enhances the look of the breasts and imparts a more masculine physique.
- In situations where liposuction is ineffective, a procedure called reduction mammoplasty is necessary. It is frequently referred to as gynecomastia surgery or breast reduction surgery, and it is performed under anaesthesia. Excessive breast tissue and skin are removed, and the results are visually appealing.
Gynecomastia is emotionally and physically unpleasant, and undergoing the surgery may significantly help physical as well as mental health and provide the man with a lot of confidence. Men who have received the procedure have expressed real satisfaction with the results.
Dr. Handa’s Clinic is outfitted with cutting-edge equipment and highly experienced surgeons, ensuring world-class outcomes for our patients. The gynecomastia surgery cost in Delhi is generally affordable and there is a wide range of packages available. The Gynecomastia treatment provided is at par with global standards, thanks to state-of-the-art facilities and result-oriented professionals. Dr. Handa’s Clinic is known as the best clinic for gynecomastia treatment in Delhi.