The advancements in medical technology have made it incredibly simple and convenient to achieve the desired body. Liposuction is a popular cosmetic surgical procedure that removes extra body fat and gives it a natural contour. The Before and After Liposuction results have a success rate of more than 99%. Liposuction surgery is a boon for patients who struggle to lose weight in a targeted manner.
If you are considering undergoing liposuction surgery, it is normal to be inquisitive about how much weight you can lose with liposuction.
We’ve compiled all you need to know about before and after liposuction surgery, as well as the weight reduction that comes with it.
Weight gain is a prevalent concern for many people due to poor lifestyles and a work-from-home culture. Excess weight accumulates in specific parts of the body, such as the stomach and the waist, which causes dissatisfaction in many people in terms of their body image. Excessive weight gain after pregnancy is also very common. To some extent, exercise and a healthy diet can assist, but targeted fat loss and body sculpting are difficult and time-consuming. But liposuction is a sophisticated surgery for removing extra body fat and achieving a toned appearance.
Table of Contents
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye
- How Does Liposuction work?
- How Much Weight Can You Lose with Liposuction?
- Does Liposuction Removes Fat Cell Permanently?
- How To Maintain Your Results After Liposuction?
1.How Does Liposuction Work?
The fat tissue, also known as the adipose tissue is usually found beneath the skin. Fat deposits right under the skin, also known as subcutaneous fat deposits are commonly visible in men in the chest, abdomen, waist and buttocks. While in women, the hips, waist, and back are typical places where fatty tissues are present in excess. Subcutaneous fat can be found either in the deep layers or the superficial levels. Deep fat is targeted to debulk and reduce weight. Superficial fat is removed selectively to give a chiseled look.
As the name implies, liposuction is a procedure that suctions fat from the body using specially designed cannulas.
- It involves inserting a cannula, which is a thin tube, into an incision created by the cosmetic plastic surgeon.
- The surgeon then uses the tube to push and pull on the adipose cells in the fat layer, which breaks them up.
- Once broken, a vacuum pump readily suctions out these cells.
- Liposuction makes it very easy to contour and target problematic parts of the body. As the technique used is highly advanced and targeted fat reduction occurs, the before and after liposuction results are very prominent.
Generally, Liposuction weight loss results are very satisfying.
2.How Much Weight Can You Lose with Liposuction?
The most common question that people ask when they come in for a consultation is, “How much weight can you lose with liposuction surgery?” and ” What does the before and after Liposuction result look like?”
Although liposuction precedes its reputation as cosmetic surgery, it provides numerous weight-loss advantages.
- It includes the breakdown of adipose tissue and sucking out excessive fat from the body.
- This fat extraction is proportional to the volume of fat removed. Depending on the area chosen for the surgery, it is normal to extract 4000 to 5000 cc of fatty tissue during a single liposuction procedure. This equates to a weight loss of around 4-7 kg, sometimes upto 10kg.
- These figures are, of course, on the upper end of the scale, and the weight reduction might be more or less. The liposuction results can fluctuate on the basis of different factors like lifestyle, body type and age.
As the primary goal of this surgery is fat removal and body contouring, a mirror and measuring tape would provide a more accurate indicator of fat reduction instead of a scale.
On comparing 5g of fat and 5g of muscle in conjunction, they may weigh the same yet seem completely different. Fat, in general, takes up a lot more space than muscles and gives the body a bulkier appearance. Muscle, on the other hand, is compact and dense. After removing excess fat through liposuction weight loss surgery, there is a visible and perceptible alteration in the physique. The elimination of targeted fat offers the body a more toned and appearance before and after Liposuction.
3.Does Liposuction Removes Fat Cell Permanently?
It can result in rapid fat reduction and a noticeable alteration in the overall appearance and body weight. But It is crucial to understand that fat cells have a fixed number and do not regenerate once removed. As a result, liposuction acts as a permanent fat removal procedure in that specific location. But If a patient does not keep a healthy lifestyle, there is a strong likelihood that they may regain their weight and fat tissues as the remaining cells may hypertrophy. But the good news is that for fat to come back, the weight has to increase by a large amount. Small increase in weight does not affect the results.
But how does weight gain happen after liposuction?
There is a steady amount of fat cells in an adult’s body. As a result, if a body part loses fat cells, they will not regenerate.
However, depending on the amount of stored food material, fat cells in any location can increase or decrease in size. It assures that the permanent elimination of the fat cells, but it does not guarantee that the surviving cells will not enlarge or that new fat cells will not develop. Inactivity, overeating, and an unhealthy lifestyle can cause an expansion of the residual fat cells and an increase in normal body weight. If there is a considerable weight gain, additional fat deposition might occur, reducing the effectiveness of surgery.
Gaining weight after the surgery is not healthy. It is extremely detrimental to the process. It can have a negative impact on the before and after Liposuction results.
But, If a patient maintains their optimum body weight following surgery with just minor changes, they can reap the advantages of liposuction for an extended time period.
4.How To Maintain Your Results After Liposuction?
Aftercare is an essential component of any treatment. Liposuction has various advantages. With proper aftercare and maintenance of lifestyle, the liposuction will continue to reflect its benefits for a very long time. Here are some tips to keep the results after the surgery:
- Exercising on a regular basis: Exercising is a great way to keep your body active and healthy. It also aids the body’s use of fat cells and helps in weight maintenance. The calories burned while exercising contribute to fat loss and muscle building.
- Consuming nutritious food rich in proteins, carbs, and fat in moderation helps keep the body satiated for a longer period of time. Eating a well-balanced diet in moderation is important.
- Avoiding junk food: Junk and highly processed-foods are high in sugar and a variety of different preservatives, which can lead to excess weight and, in particular, fat accumulation. It is essential to eat in moderation, and avoiding junk food might help you maintain your weight following liposuction.
- Drinking enough water: Hydration is essential for the body to function effectively. Dehydration can also cause the brain to misinterpret it with hunger, resulting in overeating. Drinking enough water throughout the day keeps hunger at bay and keeps you from overeating.
Handa Aesthetics and Plastics has cutting-edge equipment including Power Assisted Liposuction and VASER and highly skilled surgeons, providing world-class outcomes for their patients.
For many people, liposuction surgery in Delhi can be a life-changing experience. It provides people the confidence to feel comfortable in their own skin and live a more active and healthy life.
To ensure quality results, the clinic implements the most advanced and cutting-edge technologies available in the field of liposuction surgery. The successful before and after liposuction results, are a testimony of Dr. Handa’s competence.
Call Dr. Handa’s clinic for a consultation and change your life now!