“Providing you with a one-stop solution for all your aesthetic concerns”~ Dr Handa
The breasts have a crucial role in a woman’s identity. Any size issues might be a source of anxiety and discomfort. Back pain, posture concerns, nerve pain, difficulty finding the proper bra size, disproportionate figure, and unwelcome attention are all some common forms of discomfort women with bigger breast sizes go through.
It is one of the most common causes of low self-esteem in women and a reason women seek breast reduction surgery. But breast reduction surgery is not restricted to females. Gynecomastia, or enlargement of male breasts, is a condition that affects some men. It is a leading cause of mental stress and low body image in men due to the societal stigma attached to it. Breast reduction surgery is a popular procedure for both men and women who desire to improve the function and appearance of their breasts.
Table of Contents
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye:
- What is Breast Reduction Surgery?
- Why is it done?
- Breast Reduction Surgery Process.
- What to expect after it?
- Breast Reduction Surgery in Delhi..
1. What is Breast Reduction Surgery?
Breast reduction surgery, also known as reduction mammoplasty in medical terms, is a surgical technique that removes extra fat from the breasts. Breasts are made up of fatty tissues, and excessive fat can cause a sagging appearance. Large breasts are not only unattractive, but they can also make it difficult to participate in many physical activities. Breast reduction surgery has improved self-esteem and provides a more proportionate figure with a slimmer torso in females.
Breast size reduction surgery is popular among both men and women. Women aren’t the only ones affected. Male breast reduction surgery has become increasingly popular in recent years. It is caused by a condition known as Gynecomastia or male breast enlargement. Gynecomastia in men can be caused by a variety of factors, including genetics. Male breast reduction surgery helps restore a more masculine chest by reducing extra fat from the chest.
Having bigger breasts can be caused due to several reasons, including:
- Genetics: Genes play a role in the development of bigger breasts.
- Obesity, which causes excess fat to be deposited in the breast region, is one of the causes of bigger breasts.
- Breastfeeding and pregnancy: Breast size increases dramatically after breastfeeding and pregnancy.
- Hormonal changes: Changing hormone levels in the body can lead to fluctuation in breast size.
Read Also: Considering A Mommy Makeover-Read This First
2. Why is it done?
Women with a bigger breast confront a slew of medical and mental issues, including the following:
- Due to the presence of additional fat on the chest and a lack of adequate support, severe back and neck pain is experienced.
- Friction causes a rash and irritation under the breasts. Due to the presence of excess fat, there isn’t much space under the breast and it can lead to friction and excessive sweating.
- Physical Activity Impediment: Large breasts can make it difficult to move and participate in a lot of physical activities.
- A bad posture and disproportionate appearance of the body
- Low self-esteem and concerns with body image. Larger breasts can attract a lot of unwelcome attention.
- Nerve pain
- One breast may be larger or smaller than the other due to asymmetry in the breasts.
Breast size reduction surgery is performed on males to address excessive gynecomastia, which involves the removal of extra fat from the chest area. It aids in the formation of better contours and gives a more masculine appearance.
There are a few criteria to keep in mind to be eligible for breast reduction surgery:
- You should not smoke regularly. Various studies have demonstrated that smoking causes breast sagging, which might adversely affect the surgery.
- If you’ve had any previous medical issues like diabetes or autoimmune disorders, then the doctor should be informed about those.
- Breasts should be fully developed by the time of breast reduction surgery.
- Not currently pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Not planning on following an intensive weight loss programme.
As breast reduction surgery is performed on breasts that have stable growth, it is advised to delay the surgery in cases of pregnancy, breastfeeding or weight loss.
3. Breast Reduction Surgery Process.
Breast size reduction surgery is a plastic surgery operation, as the name implies. During the process, the surgeon administers general anaesthesia to make the procedure painless. The procedure, which involves removing excess fat and glandular tissue from the breasts, can take anywhere from 2 to 5 hours. To give the breasts a more youthful appearance, an incision or cut is created, and the location of the nipple is also modified. The area surrounding the nipple, known as the areola, is also decreased as needed.
After that, the breasts are sculpted and moulded to give them an uplifted appearance.
The doctor will go over the following surgical techniques with you before the procedure:
- Anchor pattern incision in which the cut is done horizontally to the breast crease.
- The cut is made around the areola in a vertical incision, which leaves minimal scarring.
- Excess fat is suctioned out of the breasts during liposuction.
Breast reduction surgery, like any other operation, comes with its own set of complications. The risks are less prevalent, and they can be reduced with the help of a trained doctor.
- Bruising that is only transitory
- Scarring from breast reduction surgery can appear where the incision was made, however, this fades over time. Some scars will still be visible
- Breastfeeding difficulties
- Loss of nipple feeling is a possibility.
- The shape and size of the breasts differ.
It’s crucial to realise that breast reduction surgery isn’t a means to miraculously change the size of your breasts, so speak with your doctor thoroughly.
Read Also: 10 Common Misconceptions About Liposuction
4. What happens after it?
Breast reduction surgery recovery can take considerable time. The results would be visible immediately but the healing will take time.
Immediately following surgery, you may experience pain and discomfort, which will usually subside if you take the medication prescribed by your doctor. After surgery, the body takes time to heal.
- There will be an increase in sensitivity in the area surrounding the breast during the first few weeks, and the breast may seem swollen.
- Bruising and scarring are common after the surgery and will get better over time.
- It is advised that you take a break from your regular schedule and recover appropriately, avoiding any physically strenuous workouts.
- After the procedure, refrain from smoking or drinking. They may have unintended consequences. It is imperative to visit the doctor frequently to recuperate.
- Although the results are permanent, there can be a change in breast size over time due to various factors like age, environment, weight gain etc.
5. Breast Reduction Surgery in Delhi.
The cost of breast reduction surgery varies from patient to patient and is influenced by the severity of the condition, the treatment plan chosen, as well as tests and medications. It also depends on which clinic is chosen for the procedure. The cost of breast reduction in Delhi is mostly determined by the aforementioned factors. Selecting a qualified and experienced Plastic Surgeon as well as a reputed facility, such as Dr Handa’s Plastic Surgery Clinic, that provides the best breast reduction surgery in Delhi, is crucial.
Breast reduction surgery is a difficult procedure, and it is critical to choose a specialist who will offer you the best possible care.
Handa’s clinic in Delhi offers the best breast reduction services. Dr Handa is a renowned name in the field of plastic surgery, having practised for many years. We believe in a transparent and patient-centric approach to treatment at Handa’s Clinic, and strive to provide you with the best and most natural-looking outcomes possible. The clinic offers a flawless treatment experience while being affordable, with a variety of packages and treatment programmes to cater to your aesthetic needs.