Lips are an essential part of the patterned face which makes it attractive in its own way. Lip Augmentation or enhancement is a quick procedure that can be performed in-office under local anesthesia. Reshaping lips requires understanding of facial anatomy in order to understand the requirement and to choose an appropriate procedure. It is a suggestive approach to think properly and take doctor’s consultations before going under the knife and injections.
There are various options to choose from temporary injections or permanent implants with their respective advantages and disadvantages with the aim of giving permanent lip augmentation. Handa Aesthetics- Plastic surgery clinic situated in Raja Garden, Delhi provides mindful consultations with experienced nurses, doctors, plastic & cosmetic surgeons in delhi. We will be going through some essential details on lip job and to help you make an informed decision to transform your appearance.
Table of Contents
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye
- What is Permanent Lip Augmentation?
- When to Consider Augmentation.
- Procedure of Permanent Lip Augmentation.
- What are the Benefits.
- Results and Maintenance.
- Cost of Lip Augmentation in Delhi.
1. What is Permanent Lip Augmentation?
Lip augmentation is a cosmetic procedure to enlarge and reshape the natural or normal lips and to correlate with your surrounding facial imaging such as nose and teeth. Your natural lips might not be plump and luscious as you desire depending on the genes involved in developing your facial structure. There are various methods used in lip augmentation such as lip implants, lip fillers (or injections) and lip lift.
Lip implants is a permanent and long-lasting solution wherein a hidden incision is made in the corner of the mouth so that there are no visible scars. Lip fillers (or injections) are less invasive and last for most likely a few months to a year depending on the type of filler used in the procedure to inject in and around the mouth. Hyaluronic acid is one of the most common fillers used as it is a naturally occurring substance which helps in increasing the lip volume. Additional sessions of repeated procedures are required if you wish to maintain your lip definition. Lip lift is performed in a scenario where patients have long upper lips and wherein the proportion is not balanced between upper and lower lip.
2. When to Consider Augmentation
Permanent lip augmentation process can help in increasing the size of your lips or providing volume to the thin lips by making them larger and more voluptuous. The process can also help in reversing the ageing process to avoid any wrinkles that tend to develop around the mouth over the period of time as there is a natural loss of collagen and fat. A person should give a clear thought to lip job whether he/she would want to modify their appearance such as any specific kind of look or particularly define edges of the lips, etc. This is a decision which should not be taken in a heated moment or to overtake any popular culture.
Certain factors such as age, skin type and existing medical condition needs to be discussed with the medical practitioner or cosmetic surgeon upon consultation before initiating the procedure. It is suggested that you discuss and gather maximum information about the type of procedure that would suit your facial structure including process, side effects and costing.
3. Procedure of Permanent Lip Augmentation.
The entire procedure includes below listed steps:
- Consultation and assessment begin with the requirement of the patient and discussion with respective doctors. Patients need to inform about their existing medical condition, any ongoing prescription and/ or OTC medications, known allergies, smoking condition and any case of oral herpes (cold sores) in the past.
- Examination will be scheduled for routine check-up to educate the patient on the respective procedure along with side effects and surgery date. There would be certain pre-treatment checkpoints which the patient needs to make a note such as avoid alcohol consumption before 24-48 hours and, avoid high-sugar, spice and carbohydrate food before 24 hours of scheduled treatment date. Certain advisories on specific drugs or medicines will also be shared.
- Monitoring will be done to observe any immediate reactions once the procedure is completed. Instructions on precautions or aftercare will be communicated and needs to be followed by patients for a healthy recovery such as ice packs and medications to improve the swelling, itching, bruising or any other pain, and soft food for a week routine.
4. What are the Benefits
Benefits of permanent lip augmentation using lip implants is that they provide long lasting effects with implants inserted in the lips with a small incision which is later sutured. Skillfully performed procedures should not make you feel any different and results will be immediately perceivable.
Hyaluronic acid is one of the most used fillers in lip enhancement procedures which provides volume by stimulating collagen. Lip volume can be controlled as desired by adjusting the substance injected. This procedure is not permanent, however, provides lasting results for approximately a year. Fillers are not intended to hurt a person, they would only feel a pinch into the skin. A gentle massage is given onto the surface so that the filler substance is evenly distributed and thereby, preventing any lump formation.
5. Results and Maintenance.
Lip enhancement procedures are generally safe and well-tolerated. These are performed in the daycare and routine activities as per doctor’s consultation. The results are immediately noticeable, and you should be able to observe plump lips giving you a new sense of freshness and magic with a younger look in a natural way. Minor side effects such as swelling, soreness, bruises, site pain are expected, however, can be manageable if patients are following the advisory instructions by their respective doctors.
Aftercare of lip augmentation is manageable and important to maintain the lip plump and fine edges.
- Use ice packs to ease pain and alleviate redness or swelling
- Stay hydrated will help in healing
- Avoid strenuous exercises causing sweating and high temperature saunas which will elevate the swelling
- Sleep with elevated head on cushioned pillows.
6. Cost of Lip Augmentation in Delhi.
Cost of a lip job depends on the type of procedure performed, the brand, number of injections, area of filler, skin condition severity and experience of the doctor. There are several specialists available such as cosmetic surgeons, dermatologists and plastic surgeons who can perform the procedure. On an average, the procedure can cost from 25,000INR to 60,000 INR.
Handa Aesthetics & Plastics situated in Raja Garden, New Delhi are equipped with innovative technologies, latest science and medicines and, are helping patients achieve their best version for over 37 years. A dedicated team of nurses, doctors and plastic & cosmetic surgeons creating a single stop facility for providing preoperative to post-procedural care management. Visit the website for more information on facilities and services. Feel free to contact or book an appointment to have a remarkable experience.