The advancements of medical innovations have further propelled individuals to consider plastic and cosmetic surgery without any further thoughts. However, there is still a lot of prevailing stigma surrounding these procedures and the patients who undergo them. Rhinoplasty surgery or the nose job is also a part of that misinformation.
If you are considering changing the shape and structure of your nose, this article should answer all the questions you possibly have concerning this cosmetic procedure.
Table of Contents
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye
1. What is Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty surgery is a cosmetic procedure that involves transforming the appearance of the nose by doing necessary modifications to the bone and cartilage inside the nose.
Not just for aesthetic reasons, several individuals undergo the procedure to correct their nose shape after a severe injury or if they have breathing issues.
The best rhinoplasty surgeon can bring about the following changes to the appearance of the patient’s nose:
- Change the size of the nose in both length and width
- Straighten the bridge of the nose
- Reshape the tip of the nose to make it sharper
- Narrow the structure and shape of the nostrils
- Change the angle of the nose
2. Who Needs a Nose Job?
You might need to undergo rhinoplasty if:
- You want to change the shape and structure of your nose
- You suffer from breathing problems because of misshaped bones inside the nasal cavity
- You want to repair prevalent deformities after an injury
- You want to correct a congenital disability
3. How is it Performed?
If you are determined to get a nose job, you first need to book an appointment at a plastic surgery clinic in Delhi. The procedure starts with a general consultation with the plastic surgeon. They assess the shape of your nose, additional medical complications and then draw out a customized treatment plan accordingly.
- As for the procedure, it can either be done in a hospital or an outpatient surgical facility. The patient is administered with local or general anesthesia, depending on what the patient prefers more.
- Once the anesthesia is administered and practical, the cosmetic surgeon in delhi starts the procedure by making incisions between or inside the nostrils. After the cuts are made, they get under the skin to separate it from the cartilage or the bone. Once the clear opening is made, the surgeon initiates the reshaping process. Implants or bone grafts are added if needed.
- The entire procedure takes between 2-4 hours, depending on how easy or complex the reshaping or transformation is. Sometimes, it might take more than 2 hours as well.
Following the successful completion of the surgery, the patient is kept in the hospital till their anesthesia wears off. Once they are back to their senses, the doctor instructs the patient about the basic instructions surrounding the rhinoplasty recovery.
Once discharged, the patient needs to get optimal rest and sleep with their head raised higher than their chest. The dressings often need to be cleaned and changed for a week after the surgery. You also need to consume the prescribed medications and follow all the aftercare instructions suggested by the surgeon.
Also Read: Rhinoplasty Recovery Time Day By Day
4. Benefits of Rhinoplasty
If you are considering undergoing rhinoplasty surgery in delhi, knowing about the benefits helps you get a better expectation out of the process. Some of the most notable benefits include:
- Improved confidence and self-image
- Improves the breathing abilities
- Repairs broken or injured nose
- Relieves sinus problems
- Corrects congenital disabilities like lumps and clefts
- Improves the overall symmetry of the face
- Gets rid of the habit of snoring
- Correct issues concerning deviated septum
5. Risks and Complications
Although there have been many advancements to medical technologies, rhinoplasty surgery can still impose a few temporary complications that you need to familiarize yourself with. They include:
- Pain and swelling
- Numbness around the face
- Discoloration of the skin
- Notable scarring
- Temporary difficulty while breathing
- Dissatisfaction with the results
At Handa, a patient is assured of getting the best rhinoplasty treatment with complete safety and precautions for satisfactory results. We emphasize patient’s safety first and ensure to help them deal with any temporary complications that they are likely experiencing.
6. Cost of Rhinoplasty in India
The Rhinoplasty surgery cost in Delhi and pan India generally starts from INR 40,000 and can go as high as INR 1,00,000, depending on the severity and extent of the surgery.
Factors affecting the rhinoplasty cost in Delhi:
- The extent of the surgery
- Consultation charges of the surgeon and the clinic
- Laboratory tests
- City where the procedure is being done
Also Read: Rhinoplasty Cost In India
Rhinoplasty is an extremely safe and rewarding plastic surgery procedure. Not only does it help improve your physical health, but the surgery also has equally impactful benefits on one’s mental health. Always ensure that you do thorough research about the consulting surgeon and their expertise before undergoing the procedure.